A bond among all backyard birders is sharing the misery of knowing that squirrels can be a very frustrating and discouraging problem. They hog the feed and deprive the birds. Brome Direct has helped solve the problem with their line of Squirrel Buster feeders, a decorative yet functional solution for backyard birders.
Brome Direct is very interested in this exasperating yet sometimes amusing aspect of backyard bird feeding and they invite their customers to submit stories that can be shared on their website: www.bromebirdcare.com
Brome Direct cares about the safety of wild birds and has always promoted wild bird care. All our of their Squirrel Buster feeders are based on award winning designs that contribute to wild bird safety while catering to the needs of backyard birding enthusiasts.
Brome Direct offers birders a useful 6 Step Program for creating a personal Wild Bird Sanctuary:
1. Reduce habitat loss by landscaping with native plants that provide natural food sources, shelter from the elements and predators, and nesting sites. Provide feeders, nesting boxes and water.
2. Provide the appropriate foods year round.
3. Keep feed and feeding areas clean.
4. Avoid pesticides, herbicides and fungicides which can be toxic to birds.
5. Keep cats away from birds.
6. Reduce window collisions.
Go to their website for more details.
Here's how it works. Openings in the shroud (bottom section of the feeder) align with seed ports and provide birds access to the seed. When a squirrel climbs onto the feeder, its weight automatically forces the shroud down and closes the seed ports. Squirrels and large birds are foiled but not harmed in any way..